Tuesday, April 21, 2009

crusty french boule

Not much baking so far this week. It's April school vacation in Massachusetts and the boys are home so I've been spending my time doing the things they like to do -- eating barbecue, playing video games and shopping for music. Who am I kidding? I love doing those things too.

First though, I baked up some dough I mixed last week and had been retarding in the fridge. I had intended to make more baguettes but didn't have the patience on Sunday so I just shaped it into a boule. My slashes weren't very deep so the top looked a little puckery, but it was really good. We've been having it with eggs (fried and poached) the past few days, and I've had a couple of slices slathered with Nutella for tea. Yum. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home