Thursday, March 19, 2009

roasted three-seed bread

This was actually a variation of Peter Reinhart's Roasted Three-Seed Bread (from Brother Juniper's Bread Book). The original recipe has sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds, and I added a few more. It's actually very, very good -- medium crumb, great crust -- and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like breads with nuts and twigs. I have no problem with the smaller seeds of the bread world, actually, but sunflower and pumpkin seeds (at least in store-bought breads) tend to be a little too prominent for me to ignore. In this bread they all blend together in the dough in a sort of seedy symphony. Now if only I had splurged on some of that nice Irish butter when I was at the grocery store, my happiness would be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home