Tuesday, March 10, 2009

march madness cookies

These are the cookies are made for the March Madness party at our church. The base is just a simple sugar cookie -- the Holiday Cookies recipe from The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. I tried to make the accompanying cream cheese glaze from the same book, but it just didn't work out -- it was all watery and lumpy and just didn't look promising so I chucked it. I ended up making the shiny cookie glaze from the Gingerbread Roll-Out Cookie recipe in The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion, which turned out wonderfully. I tinted the glaze with Wilton Icing Colors in copper, and once that hardened, I piped on black (no-butter) buttercream lines. I thought the cookies were really tasty -- soft and reminiscent of Lofthouse's frosted cookies. They were totally addictive and great with a cup of hot tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home