Monday, June 15, 2009

lemon blueberry muffins

Here are the facts about me and blueberry muffins. I've never had a store-bought or bakery-made blueberry muffin that I've liked. I generally like my own homemade (from scratch) blueberry muffins (made from a variety of recipes). Lastly, my favorite blueberry muffins are from the packaged mixes that contain the little cans of "wild blueberries."

My son L. is a great connoisseur of blueberry muffins. He loves them so much that they are his chosen birthday breakfast each July. So who better to critique these muffins from The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book? L's verdict -- "They're really good." Did I mention L. will be 15 next month? He's a teen of few words. :-)

I will elaborate -- they are tender and moist, and surprisingly very lemony (there's only zest in the batter, no juice). In fact, the lemon flavor almost overwhelms the blueberries. This won't be my go-to blueberry muffin recipe, but it's wonderful for a change of pace (or for the lemon muffin lovers out there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home