Saturday, June 6, 2009

easy cinnamon bread

Last holiday season I picked up a bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips (a seasonal offering in these parts) with this bread in mind. I'm embarrassed to report that it has taken me until now to get around to baking it. In any event, King Arthur Flour's Easy Cinnamon Bread is a quirky little offering. Part yeast bread and part quick bread, it tastes like a not-too-sweet cinnamon coffee cake. The cinnamon chips are interesting too -- I thought they'd be intense pellets of pure cinnamon flavor, but they are more like cinnamon-tinged butterscotch chips and lend pleasing bursts of spicy ooey-gooey goodness to the bread. I highly recommend having a thick slice, preferably toasted and buttered, alongside your morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home