Thursday, June 11, 2009

awesome pb lovers' cookies (aka get well soon cookies)

I love reading food blogs, as is evidenced by the lengthy list on the right sidebar. One of my favorites to comb through is Anna Ginsberg's Cookie Madness. Some months ago, Anna posted the recipe for the Get Well Soon cookies she had created for a sick friend and I immediately bookmarked it for future use. I made them today for L.'s book group gathering and have taken the liberty of rechristening them (just for today) "peanut butter lovers' cookies," because (hopefully) none of the kids present are sick. These soft molasses-tinged peanut butter cookies, with chopped up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Dove Dark Chocolate and Reese's Pieces, are quite addictive. P., who is not normally a big peanut butter cookie kind of guy, couldn't stop eating them.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE anything with peanut butter, but those cookies look especially divine. I wish I had a plate here right now, but I guess I'll have to settle for adding them to the top of my must-bake list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly recommend making a double batch because a single batch disappears much too quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home