Thursday, January 15, 2009

my thursday with dorie -- chunky peanut butter and oatmeal chocolate chipsters

Tuesdays with Dorie is a group of very dedicated baking bloggers who, once a week, select, prepare and post a recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours. Although I own the book and I've often considered participating, I haven't yet, I think mostly because I'm frightened what weekly goodies will do to my waistline. So today, I thought I would have my own day with Dorie. I baked her Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters (page 73 for those who wish to follow along).

Maybe it's because I've been so (relatively) good in the past week, but the combination of oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate came to me several days ago and just sounded so appealing. I proceeded to google cookie recipes with that combo only to discover that I already had such a recipe in my own house! I actually halved Dorie's version since I wanted to continue being (relatively) good, and opted to use creamy peanut butter (it's what I had in the house) and semisweet chocolate chunks (ditto) instead of bittersweet chocolate. The house smells amazing -- baking brown sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon and chocolate -- and (mmmmmmm) the cookies are even more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home