Wednesday, December 24, 2008

mexican wedding cakes/russian tea cakes

I discovered these goodies when working our church's Holiday Fair this fall. They weren't among the cookies that I had personally prepared, but my curiosity with piqued when a gentleman bought a whole pound of them (bear in mind we sell dozens and dozens of different varieties of cookies and almost everyone buys an assortment and not just one type). I've spent considerable time since researching these melt-in-your-mouth shortbread type cookies and thought they'd be the perfect gift for my husband's aunt who's a great lover of shortbread.

I found a lot of information and a great recipe at joyofbaking.com, one of my favorite websites, and a treasure trove of info on holiday baked goods. They are so easy to make and they are so pretty to look at, but the recipe doesn't yield a lot of cookies (or is it that I eat them as fast as I can bake them?) so make a double batch if you are planning to give them to more than one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home