Thursday, October 23, 2008

chocolate-chocolate cupcakes


This is another selection from Dorie Greenspan's Baking. I wanted to make something small and simple for P.'s homecoming, back from Portugal. Cupcakes fit the bill for me and I wanted something chocolate (and boy-friendly for C. who's not been thrilled with some of my recent "exotic" baking projects -- the blue cheese-walnut fougasse and the coconut cake, to name two). And I'm always a sucker for Chocolate ganache.

The cake was very soft and moist, and not excessively chocolatey, but the ganache elevated it to perfection. Dark and chocolatey and with only a whisper of sweetness, it just brought the cupcake to a whole new level of goodness. And they were pretty to look at, even without any embellishments (sprinkles, silver ball thingies, whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home