Sunday, June 15, 2008

a new toy!


I haven't been baking much the past week, due to the late spring heatwave we've been experiencing around these parts -- 4 solid days with temperatures over 90 degrees F. Last Tuesday, the high was 101! The school superintendant urged parents to dismiss their children due to the oppressive heat in the schools, so I did. With that in mind, I bought myself a birthday gift (actually from P.) on Thursday -- an ice cream maker.

So in honor of Father's Day, we made our first batch of ice cream this afternoon -- a little something I call milk chocolate bit (they're too small to be chunks, and they aren't shaped like chips) ice cream. It's a basic vanilla ice cream recipe with chopped up Cadbury's Dairy Milk thrown in. It was yummy -- creamy, smooth, very, very pleasing. It got me to thinking about all the other ice creams I can attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home