Tuesday, September 30, 2008

stromboli!



L. is a sucker for calzones. However, sometimes calzones from the local House of Pizza aren't in the budget. I made this stromboli from The Best Make-Ahead Recipe this week for dinner for "Guys' Night." Guys' Night is what the guys have when I have book club. Usually the offerings are take-out or something somewhat decadent at least, but neither were in the cards this week so I thought I'd try to come up with something worthy instead. I was able to make the stromboli earlier in the day and refrigerate it so they could just pop it in the oven in the evening.

I prepared my stromboli with browned ground beef, turkey pepperoni and bacon bits. An odd combo, I know, but it's what I had kicking around in the fridge! L. and P. had it with a little (jarred) marinara on the side. It was very well-received!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home