Thursday, September 4, 2008

milk chocolate snack cake

It's a tradition in our house that I bake a cake to celebrate the boys' return to school each fall. Usually it's a store-bought mix, but this year I decided to make a cake from scratch. I chose to bake a smaller cake than I typically do, just because we've been overindulging this summer -- 4 birthdays in our house, plus I baked a gateau for my mother-in-law as well. That's a lot of cake!

The boys both had 2 servings (although given the size of the cake, the two servings probably added up to one average-sized slice of layer cake). The cake was moist and buttery, and the lack of relative sweetness in the "frosting" provided a nice contrast. The only downside was that the cake was so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home