Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baked Doughnuts


Last Christmas (2011 that is), I received a set of doughnut pans from my boys. Although we used them a few times last winter, I hadn't pulled them out yet this year. So, at the urging of my younger child, I made doughnuts the first Saturday of the new year. It also happened to be the morning the boys were to attend a special Saturday session for their respective A.P. English classes so I thought it would be a nice incentive for them to get out of bed on what might otherwise be a kind of a bummer of a Saturday (I mean, who wants to go to school on a Saturday morning to take a practice A.P. test?).  This meant I had to get up at 6 am to make them, but isn't that what motherhood's all about?

I made plain Baked Doughnuts with Easy Vanilla Glaze and rainbow sprinkles. I had previous tried a different King Arthur Flour baked doughnut recipe (as well as recipes from the back of the doughnut pan box) and thought this new recipe was much better than the previous ones I'd used. The texture was less spongy/soggy and they didn't stale as quickly, and the glaze coated and set up very nicely. My boys tall and taller loved them as well.

Fresh out of the oven!

Depanned and cooling...

Mixing the glaze

Sweet, sticky, sprinkly goodness!

My next doughnut experiment will be baked chocolate doughnuts... still deliberating between vanilla and chocolate glaze. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home