Saturday, February 2, 2013

Herb and Garlic Rolls


King Arthur Flour created this recipe as Herb & Onion Rolls; however, I've never made them with the dried minced onion as directed, but substitute dried minced garlic because I have a big ol’ bottle of that in my pantry. The garlic makes the house smell absolutely AWESOME so now I can’t imagine ever making them with onion.

I reserved the boiling water from making mashed potatoes a couple of nights before and mixed the dough by hand since my stand mixer has developed a pesky electrical problem and won’t mix.

I made the dough into cloverleaf rolls – for those of you who are attached at the hip to your scale as I am, each of the 36 little balls of dough should weigh about 18 grams to get the sections of your cloverleaf even and total out to 12 rolls. I haven’t yet sprinkled seeds on top of my rolls as suggested and this time I didn't even brush them with melted butter when they came out of the oven (just to see what it would be like without) and they were delectable all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home