Thursday, August 21, 2008

rustic country bread

Since it appears as though any kind of sourdough creation is going to be later rather than sooner for me, I decided to make the Rustic Country Bread found on the Cook's Illustrated website. I liked this one because it had a hand-mixed variation, which is particularly important since I don't yet own a stand mixer.

The bread was primarily made with white bread flour, with some whole wheat and rye flours too. I wasn't sure how this was going to fly with C., the committed white foodatarian. He wasn't ecstatic, but he did try some after liberally buttering both sides of a slice. Those of us who are not as bound to white flour thought it was really tasty and not excessively whole-grainy.

I'm dying to try the Rustic Italian Bread on the CI site too but it's going to have to wait for that darn stand mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home