Saturday, May 3, 2008

raspberry-white chocolate scones


I've been having a hankering for scones, but they are hard to find out here in the sticks and I can't really stomach spending $5 on 6 scones that aren't even scones (they're dry, dusty biscuits with fruit in them) at the supermarket bakery. For some reason, the raspberry - white chocolate combo sounded appealing although I can't remember ever having that combination in my scone-eating life. So after spending considerable time searching for a scone recipe that seemed authentic and that I liked I decided to make the Simple Scones recipe from the King Arthur Flour website. I added 1 cup of frozen raspberries and 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips to the dough. In the future I'll probably add the raspberries in after all the other ingredients are blended since they did "bleed" a bit (I thought that by not thawing them in advance that wouldn't be such a problem). Also, I opted for the mounding method rather than using a scone pan and they did spread a bit more than I would've liked (all that butter!). So maybe they're not the most attractive -- but they were YUMMY. L. had to be rousted from bed to eat them warm, but ended up wolfing down 3. So I guess that means he liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home