Saturday, February 7, 2009

english muffins

This was my first attempt at English muffins. I did some research online and learned that English muffin recipes vary quite a bit. Some are made from a firmer dough and the muffins are formed by making little balls and squashing them. Other use a wetter dough, such as the one I made, and require the use of English muffin molds to keep their shape when they are cooking. I struggled a bit with flipping the muffins (to cook both sides) -- the tops were still wet and would spill out of the molds, but all in all, I was quite pleased with the results. The crust was thin and crisp, and the crumb was a little craggy when the muffins were fork-split. Toasted and spread with a little butter -- they were heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home