Tuesday, May 13, 2008

oatmeal cake with broiled icing


This cake recipe is from the Cook's Illustrated website. This will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me well, but my primary motivation for trying this recipe was to use up ingredients I have lingering in my pantry and freezer (quick oats and sweetened coconut to be specific). The final product was moist and very tasty -- sort of like an oatmeal cookie in a cake form. And it made the house smell really good!


Immediately above is the finished cake before I sliced it. I managed to get the cake out of the pan and off the foil by following the instructions from the recipe. I have to confess that for a few moments I wasn't filled with faith that the authors knew what they were talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home